Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Most security breaches are due to weak, re-used passwords. However, even a strong password can still be breached through saved passwords in browsers, email snooping, public wifi locations and more. To help combat this, iOps360 has enabled Multi-Factor Authentication for all users. When this is enabled, you will have to enter a code that is generated on your device in order to log in. Since hackers will not have your device, you can be assured that your account and your schedule is safe.
- Download “Google Authenticator” from the iOS or Android Play Store
- Click on your name in the Top Right Hand Corner to access your profile
- Click “Enable Multi-Factor Authentication”
- Scan the QR Code with the Google Authenticator app
- Your device will begin generating codes. Enter a code in the iOps box “Code #1”
- Wait until your device generates a new code and enter that code in the iOps box “Code #2”
- Click save to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication and ensure your account is protected
Logging In With MFA
- Once your account has been secured with MFA, login with your usual Login and Password
- You will see the MFA prompt on iOps360
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your device and enter the current 6-digit code
- Click Verify Code
Lost and Damaged Devices
If you are upgrading your phone, be sure to De-Activate MFA on your iOps360 account before the upgrade. Depending on your device, some upgrades may automatically transfer your MFA profiles during the upgrade. If you no longer have access to the device or the device was damaged, contact iOps360 to remove MFA from your account.